As a leader in the forging industry, Cornell Forge has an excellent reputation for providing high quality forged parts to meet customer needs and specifications. Not only do our forging capabilities result in strong, durable products, they also help our customers eliminate or significantly reduce machining times, reduce waste, and eliminate costly production steps. Our expertise combined with our endless accessibility to the best resources and suppliers allows us to produce a wide selection of forged parts for many industries and applications.
Different Forged Parts
At Cornell Forge, we design and forge the following parts:
- Fluid Powered Products. Can be forged from carbon and alloy steel, or stainless steel. Examples are Valves, Elbows, Tees, Unions, Pumps, etc. Markets used are Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Industrial, Agriculture, Off-Highway and more.
- Gears. Gears are used to transfer torque from a shaft to other gears or shafts. The durability and precision of forged gears allows them to handle high torque equipment without additional mass or machining. Common materials for forging gears include carbon and alloy steel, stainless steel, brass, titanium, and low-alloy steel.
- Sprockets. Sprockets are toothed wheels that transfer torque to a chain, belt, or treads. Forged sprockets are stronger than those made by other fabrication methods as they are forged from a single piece of stainless steel, titanium, or carbon steel.
- Spindles. Spindles transfer motion energy through rotation. Heavy-duty applications favor forged spindles over other fabrication methods as they are more lightweight and durable.
- Pinions. When meshing gears, pinions refer to the smaller gear. Pinions also refer to the cylindrical gear in a rack-and-pinion mechanism. Forging is an ideal fabrication method for pinions as it results in a higher level of strength and toughness, reducing the tendency to wear faster.
- Wheel Hubs. Wheel hubs hold wheels and rotors in place. They are typically made of forged steel and provide excellent longevity.
Our highly durable and precise forged parts are ideal for many industries and applications.
The Various Uses of Cornell Forge Forged Parts
Cornell Forge serves a variety of industries. Our forged parts meet the demands of the following applications:
- Brackets. Common uses for brackets include securing cables and wires, supporting a brake line to a frame, and hanging shelves. The aerospace industry uses specialized brackets for lightweight and corrosion-resistant support while in the atmosphere.
- Gears. Gears are used to transfer torque in conveyor belt systems, vehicles, and heavy machinery. Forged gears are precise enough for delicate healthcare equipment, but can also be used in heavy-duty construction equipment.
- Sprockets. Sprockets are essential for propelling bicycles, motorcycles, and automobiles. Machinery and equipment, such as treaded construction vehicles and old film-reel movie projectors, also use sprockets.
- Spindles. Lathes, drill presses, milling machines, and machining equipment rely on spindles to rotate materials or tools held in by a chuck. Forged spindles can be especially beneficial for heavy-duty or high-speed equipment requiring high strength.
- Pinions. Light-duty vehicles rely on rack-and-pinion steering for safe navigation. Early railroads used a rack-and-pinion to help locomotives climb steep grades, and modern cable drawn railways use a similar technology today. Rack-and-pinions are also ideal for actuators on butterfly valves, ball valves, and gates. Pinions are also heavily used for gearboxes.
- Wheel Hubs. Vital to the automotive industry, wheel hubs deliver motion from the axle to the wheels and promote steering stability.
Heavy-duty industrial applications rely on forged parts from Cornell Forge as they offer strength, durability, and precision. Meeting exact customer specifications ensures a high quality part perfectly suited to the requirements of the application.
Rely on Forged Parts From Cornell Forge
At Cornell Forge, we produce a range of parts that meet our customers’ exact specifications. We work with a diverse range of industries to deliver quality parts that offer better performance and reliability, while saving on time and money. Our vast selection of forged parts comes from decades of industry-leading innovation. For more information on our products and capabilities, contact us or request a quote today.
Below are some examples of the products we produce: